If you're looking for the ultimate Halloween adventure, read on to find out the five best neighborhoods to take your kids trick-or-treating in Savannah, Georgia. Check with Savannah's police department for official Trick-or-Treating days and times each year.
1. Baldwin Park: This neighborhood offers a cozy and welcoming atmosphere with historic homes that are nestled together on quiet streets. Many homes are decorated with Halloween decorations, and the streets are well-lit, making it a safe and enjoyable place to take your kids.
2. Ardsley Park: This famous historic neighborhood is known for its beautiful old mansions and charming streets, making it a lovely place to take your kids trick-or-treating. Many homeowners go all out with Halloween decorations, and the streets are well-lit, making it a safe and enjoyable place to take your kids.
3. Parkside: This charming and historic neighborhood to the south of beautiful Daffin Park (home of the Savannah Bananas). There are many families in this neighborhood, making it a fun place to connect with your community on Halloween.
4. Richmond Hill: This picturesque community outside of Savannah is known for its stunning views and family-friendly community. There are many ideal suburban neighborhoods for safe and stress-free trick-or-treating. Buckhead East, The Waterways, and Richmond Hill Plantation are all neighborhoods known for great candy stops!
5. Pooler: This growing town slightly to the west of Savannah is known for its lovely homes and quiet streets, making it a perfect place to take your kids trick-or-treating. The Arbors at Godley Station is a great place to trick-or-treat if you have young children or toddlers.
Savannah is known for its hospitality and friendly spirit, and Halloween is no exception. If you're planning to take your kids trick-or-treating in the Hostess City, here are some tips to make the event a memorable one:
1. Dress up: Halloween is the time of year when dressing up in a costume is not only allowed but encouraged. Make sure everyone in your posse is dressed to impress!
2. Plan ahead: Make a game plan and map out a route before you head out. This way you won't waste time trying to figure out where to go next. You're already one step ahead by reading this blog!
3. Be mindful of traffic: Savannah is known for its scenic streets lined with beautiful homes, but this also means there is more traffic on Halloween. Choose neighborhoods that are removed from major thoroughfares. Be extra-cautious while crossing the street and look both ways before stepping off the sidewalk.
4. Be respectful: Many homes in Savannah take Halloween seriously and go all out with decorations, so be sure to be respectful of their hard work and thank them for their generosity!
5. Candy moderation: Too much candy isn't good for anyone. Try to limit the amount of candy your kids consume throughout the night, and make sure to balance it out with a healthy snack or meal.
Overall, Savannah is a great place to take your kids trick-or-treating and make lifelong memories. Just remember to be safe, respectful, and have fun!